• E-mail Address secretary@bnesl.co.uk
  • Phone 07742 188227 - League Results Line

Latest News

BNESL 2014/15

  • BNESL » News » Bocking Social Reserves win Division One Cup

Bocking Social Reserves win Division One Cup

A Cloudy but dry afternoon to greet the teams for our first cup final of the season between Sporting 77 and Bocking Social Reserves as they played for the Division One Cup.

Sporting started the game well and had the first opportunity in the second minute when a corner was headed goal wards by Jordan Phillips but a defender was on the post to clear off the line, a minute later a long ball over the top sent Luke Anderson clear on goal he looked set to score but shot wide as a defender challenged and keeper rushed off his line, then a long free-kick in to the area by Scotting found the head of Philips but he headed in to the side netting. The opening goal came on 11 minutes Chris Cook worked his way in to the penalty and crossed for Luke Anderson to score, two minutes later it was 2-0, this time Anderson turned provider as he went down the left and crossed for Chris Cook to score. Bocking first opportunity came when a long throw from Isaac Falk fell nicely in to the path of Jason Lott but he fired over when he should of done better, Sporting attacked again and the lively Cook weaved his way in to the area and looked set to score but somehow Hughes in the Bocking goal managed to gather the ball in. it was 3-0 to Sporting after 23 minutes when substitute Martin Brighton who had only been on a couple of minutes found space of the left of the penalty area and as Hughes rushed out off his line Brighton flicked the ball past him and in to the net. Bocking came more in to as Sporting dropped off a bit and good play saw Mangan send Edney away down the right, his good cross was punched away for a corner by Luxton and then a minute Bocking should of had a penalty as it looked like Mangan was pushed over in the box but the Ref waved away the appeals, Bocking did pull a goal back on 32 minutes a bad back pass by Sporting’s Tim Howlett let in Aaron Mangan and he shot passed the keeper and the ball went in off the post, and as the half drew to a close a corner from Adam Ryan was headed just over the bar by Jordan Phillips.

Half-time: Sporting 77 3 Bocking Social Reserves 1

Bocking needed to come out fighting at the start of the second half and they did just that, pulling a another goal back three minutes in, Aaron Mangan was played in down the right channel and he advanced and sent a shot across Luxton and in to the far corner, then substitute Nathan Clarke hit a shot from the edge of the box straight in to the grateful arms of Hughes. Sporting attacked for the first time in the half with Scotting playing the ball through to Cook who shot but Hughes managed to block, then Phillips advanced over the half-way line and hit a great strike from 30 yards which cannoned off the bar and away with Hughes beaten. Bocking nearly equalised in the 70th minute, Elliott Johnson made excellent progress down the left wing and put in a good cross which Sporting defender Howlett headed against his own post and the ball was cleared away, they did make it 3-3 two minutes later a corner was headed towards goal by Falk and Dan Fory was on hand to flick the ball in to the net. Sporting now began to get frustrated and it boiled over when Danny Raven was sent-off for an altercation with Mitchell Groves of Bocking who was also booked for his part in the incident, Phillips was also lucky not to get his marching orders appearing to put his head in to another players and some other stupid challenges receiving bookings as a few moments of madness ensued, things settled down again and Bocking could of snatched it in the third minute of stoppage time a long ball was played in to the area, it found Nathan Clarke with a great chance to score but he could only head over the bar.

Full Time: Sporting 77 3 Bocking Social Reserves 3

Bocking started the extra half hour well and in the second minute appeals for a penalty were again turned down when Mangan went down as he spun his marker, the ref said no but they kept the ball alive and a cross found Falk who headed back across goal for Mangan who had picked himself up to smash the ball back across the goal and in for his hat-trick, Bocking continued to have the best of the period and Will Meekings had another good opportunity after good work to set him up by Falk and Mangan but he shot wide. Sporting tried to get back in to it during the second period as a couple of half chances went begging but it was Bocking who held firm to take the trophy after a great comeback having looked out of it after just 25 minutes.

Final score: Sporting 77 3 Bocking Social Reserves 4


Sporting 77: Lee Luxton, Charlie Luxton, Adam Ryan, Danny Raven, Michael Pitts, Tim Howlett, Jack McIntyre, Thom Scotting, Jordan Phillips, Chris Cook, Luke Anderson. Substitutes: Tom McGee, Martin Brighton, Ben Church, Jamie Bowen (All used).

Bocking Social Reserves: Dale Hughes, Rory Edney, James Withams, Christion Goodbrand, Dan Fory, Jason Lott, Will Meekings, Dan Topp, Aaron Mangan, Elliott Johnson, Isaac Falk. Substitutes: Paul Archer (not used), Conor Clark, Mitchel Groves, Jack Raby, Nathan Clarke (All used).

Man of the Match: Aaron Mangan – Bocking Social Reserves FC

Referee: Mark Keeling

Assistant Referee’s: David Feline & Errol Souter

Fourth Official: David Parker

Sporting 77 vs Bocking Social Reserves, Braintree & North Essex Sunday League Cup Final Football at Rosemary Lane on 25th March 2018

To view pictures from the game, please copy and paste the link:

Share this story

About the Author

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *