RULES OF THE BRAINTREE & NORTH ESSEX SUNDAY LEAGUE CUP COMPETITIONS
All Cup Competitions shall be conducted in accordance with rules, regulations and practices of the Football Association and shall be open only to clubs in membership of the league. All competitions shall be affiliated to the Essex County Football Association Ltd.
Entrance Fees for all Cup Competitions shall be included in the annual subscription of the league.
The League Management Committee shall manage all Cup Competitions.
All players shall be registered in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League for the club they represent for at least 28 days or shall have played at least 2 games for the club in the league during the current season (except in the first & second rounds).
Any club playing an ineligible player in a cup match shall be fined and the match awarded to their opponents and may be further dealt with by the Management Committee.
The draw for all Cup Competitions shall be made at the Management Committee meetings and the clubs notified by the Hon Fixture Secretary.
In all cup matches there will be no replays, therefore in the event of the two teams being level on the completion of 90 minutes two periods of 15 minutes extra time will be played, should the scores still be level after extra time then penalty kicks, in accordance with FIFA Regulations will decide the outcome.
In all cup matches, except in the final, the cost of the pitch and the match official(s) shall be shared between the clubs with the AWAY club’s share of pitch costs not to exceed £30. The home team shall be responsible for the payment of the match official’s fee before or immediately following the end of the match.
With the exception of the individual Cup Competitions or the above rules governing all Cup Competitions, the rules of the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League shall govern.
(J) DIVISIONAL CUPS
1) Each club shall be entered into the cup for the division in which it is playing this season.
2) A player shall not play for more than one competing club in the same divisional cup in the same season.
3) A player who has played in a lower division cup match may in the same season play in a higher division cup match, but a player who has played in a higher division cup match shall not play in a lower division cup match in the same season.
(K) GORDON SNELL TROPHY
1) All first teams shall be entered into this competition.
2) Premier Division teams shall be exempt from the first round.
3) A player shall not play for more than one competing club in the same season.
(L) MALCOLM FOY MEMORIAL TROPHY
1) All teams in Division 1 & 2 shall be entered into this competition.
2) A player shall not play for more than one competing team.
3) In respect of reserve teams competing, 1) a player who has played for a recognised first team in the Premier Division in more than 6 matches (league or cup) shall not play in this competition, & 2) a player who has played in this competition for a recognised first team in the First Division shall not play in this competition for the reserve team.
4) Two teams from the same club may be permitted to play each other in this competition.
(M) THE NEIL HORROCKS MEMORIAL INVITATION PLATE
1) This is a consolation competition and entry is by invitation of the Management Committee. The competition will normally consist of teams taken from the lower half of all divisions excluding the Premier Division.
2) Any player who has played more than 6 games for a team not invited to play in this competition in the current season shall not play in this competition.
3) Two teams from the same club may be permitted to play each other in this competition.
4) This competition shall take place in the latter half of the season.
(N) THE JOHN HORROCKS MEMORIAL TROPHY
1) This is a Challenge match played between two teams invited by the Management Committee
2) This match will be played on a date & at a venue agreed by the Management Committee.
3) All players who participate in this match must be registered with their respective clubs, who are contesting this match.
4) This match will be of 90 minutes duration, in the event of the teams being level on the completion of 90 minutes then penalty kicks in accordance with FIFA Regulations will decide the outcome.
(O) B&NESL INVITATION TROPHY
1) This is a competition that may take place in the latter part of the season.
2) This competition will consist of teams invited to take part by the Management Committee where such teams league & other cup fixtures are shortly to be completed.
3) Any player who has played more than 6 games for a team not invited to play in this competition in the current season shall not play in this competition.
4) Two teams from the same club may be permitted to take part & play each other in this competition.
BRIAN BAXTER MEMORIAL TROPHY
This Trophy shall be awarded annually to the referee who achieves the highest average marks awarded by clubs in the Braintree & North Essex Sunday League during the current season.
The referee must have refereed a minimum of 10 games in the current season.
The recipient must be a qualified referee & registered with the Essex County FA for the current season.
This Giantkillers trophy will be awarded annually to the Team considered by the Management Committee on the outstanding performance in the Gordon Snell Trophy Competition or the Malcolm Foy Memorial Trophy.
TREVOR MASON SPORTSMANSHIP CUP
This sportsmanship trophy will be awarded annually on the basis of Referee’s markings. Referees will mark both teams in each match in which they officiate, from 1-10, and the Team securing the Highest Average Mark over the season will be declared the winner.
CLUB REFEREE`S ASSISTANT AWARD
This will be awarded annually on the basis of Referee’s markings. Referees will mark both Clubs’ Referee’s Assistants from 1-10, and the teams Referees Assistant securing the highest average mark over the season will be declared the winner.
1. The Chairman shall preside over all meetings. In his absence the Vice Chairman shall preside. If neither is in attendance, the meeting shall elect a chairman.
2. All voting shall be by show of hands (except at the AGM – see rule 6 (F)) unless in the opinion of the chairman or the majority of the meeting a ballot shall be taken.
3. In the case of equality of votes the Chairman shall have a second or casting vote
4. The proposer of a motion shall be allowed five minutes for his speech and the seconder and all succeeding speakers shall be allowed three minutes.
5. Any member seconding a motion or an amendment without remark shall not be considered to have spoken.
6. No member may be permitted to speak more than once on the same notion except the proposer, who shall have the right to reply.
7. Whenever an amendment is made upon any motion, no second amendment shall be taken into consideration until the first amendment is disposed of. If that amendment be carried, it shall be put as a substantive motion, upon which a further amendment may be moved.
8. The decision of the Chairman on any point shall be binding upon the meeting except if challenged, and the challenge is supported by two thirds of those present or voting.
9. If the Chairman at any meeting shall be of the opinion that any motion proposed to be made a threat is of an objectionable nature shall be competent to him, either before or after the same is brought forward, to put it to the vote on which no discussion shall be allowed, whether the same shall be entertained or not, and if three fourths of the members present decide not to entertain such motion the same shall be considered as disposed of.
10. Any question may be closed by the resolution, “that the question now be put” being moved, seconded and carried. Such resolution to be moved without debate.
11. Any standing order may be suspended upon motion to that effect provided such motion be duly seconded and carried by two thirds of those present and voting.
12. A motion shall not be rescinded at any meeting at which it was passed unless such rescission is carried by three fourths of those present and voting.
13. A motion adopted at ant meeting may be rescinded by a majority of those present and voting at any subsequent meeting.
14. An Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting may make additions to or alterations in, these Standing Orders at any time, subject to seven clear days notice of any proposed alteration(s) or addition(s) being given to each member club.